The Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS®) is a not-for-profit society that offers legal advice, risk management services, legal assistance and professional liability protection related to nursing practice to eligible Registered Nurses.
- the Canadian nursing profession's own legal support system
- a not-for-profit society created and operated by nurses for nurses
- specifically tailored to meet the professional liability needs of registered nurses in all nursing roles
- occurrence-based: registered nurses can seek assistance from the CNPS in respect of any incident arising from nursing practice that occurred while they were members of a CNPS member organization, irrespective of when a claim arising from this incident is made or a civil action is commenced.
CNPS exists so that nurses are enabled to effectively manage their professional legal risks, and are appropriately assisted when in professional legal jeopardy.
- To provide legal and financial assistance, at its discretion, to nurses registered with a member organization in the event of a claim made or threatened in connection with the provision of professional nursing services; and
- To provide information, advice and education in the management of risks related to the delivery of nursing services.
CNPS IS a nurse owned and operated organization with recognized expertise in health care liability.
CNPS WILL provide a flexible, comprehensive range of professional liability protection services to groups of regulated healthcare providers, in accordance with their needs and risk profiles.